The deregulation of electricity in Texas has brought over 2000 electricity rate offers to residential customers from over a 135 different providers,
and the extra competition has lead the electric providers to get more and more creative with their contract terms. The average consumer just doesn't
have the time or the wherewithal to find the right plan for themselves.
We've built a technological solution to this problem. Our systems find the rate program that makes the most sense for you, based on how much electricity you use, and when. It's something large commercial and industrial consumers have been doing for decades, but it's never been cost effective for anyone to do it for residential customers before. Until now.
Let's face it, shopping for electricity is about as exciting as a mayonnaise sandwich on stale whole wheat bread, and we're on a mission to ogre-haul how it is done. While we love our bots, it's the ogres that make the magic happen. We've got a great team of hard working, friendly people who actually enjoy coming to work. And we'd love for you to join us!
Location: Greenway Plaza, Houston, TX
Posted On: 04/15/2019
We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate level Software Developer to join our team in Houston. We are a Microsoft shop with a cloud based infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services. Our primary tech stack is ASP.NET MVC 5, C#, and SQL Server. We’re working on bringing our stack forward by adding .NET Core and Vue.js into the mix as well.
This team is responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing systems that automate parts of an industry that either did not exist before, or were exclusively performed by humans. You will play a crucial role in taking our products to the next level and growing a solution that helps thousands of Texans every day. We want someone who is interested in supporting our existing applications and tools to improve the usability, functionality, and reliability of everything our staff and members interface with on a daily basis.
We have a pragmatic approach to software development: we're building products to help people, and helpful products should be easy to use. Everything beyond that is full of trade offs we make to accomplish helping people.
If this sounds like something that might interest you, we want to hear from you.
What you'll bring
- Great communication skills both written and verbal - we often work asynchronously so this is essential.
- Experience debugging and troubleshooting issues that can occur on multiple levels of a system, from the browser to the database and everything in between.
- A desire to stay up to date on the changing landscape of software development.
- Required skill sets:
- C# experience - side project level is just fine.
- Visual Studio familiarity - enough to find your way around different project types, and know how to run and debug them.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and/or SQL-based relational database systems.
- Nice to have skill sets:
- ASP.NET MVC - we can help you here.
- Git for source control - we use Git + GitHub.
- Amazon Web Services products, services, and APIs - we use ElasticBeanstalk, EC2, Route53, ElastiCache (Redis), and more.
What we'll bring
- An array of projects that are exciting, fun to work on, and satisfying to deliver.
- A team that will not only value your input but welcome it.
- A quiet work environment with flexible hours.
- A computer that won't slow you down, with the latest development tools on the market.
- An ergonomic work space with a sit/stand desk, should you want one.
- A free gym and a kitchen stocked with free coffee, tea, cold drinks, snacks, and meals.
- Medical and dental health benefits and other insurance coverage.
What we'll do together
- Build software solutions that help tens of thousands of people