Greenway Plaza, Houston, TX
Published 23 days ago - Oct 5, 2021
Energy Ogre is a technology company in the energy industry that helps Texans manage their electricity. We shop, we manage, they save! We are a weird fun unique pack of Ogres in search of a Software Developer.
Our team is primarily a Microsoft shop with a cloud-based infrastructure hosted on AWS. We work with ASP.NET MVC 5, .NET Core, C#, SQL Server, React and React Native.
Our goal is useable, functional, and reliable service. We’re building products to help people, and helpful products should be easy to use. Our development team helps thousands of Texans every day (and we’re hoping to help more!)
Joining our team as a software developer, you'll contribute to a growing solution of applications and tools. Your primary responsibilities will be to support and improve existing features, as well as develop new features, that improve our member and staff experience. Most of your work will be independent projects, sometimes collaborating with a small team.
If that sounds like something that might interest you, we want to hear from you.
What you'll bring
- A desire to learn
- C# (or Java) experience
- Willingness to debug and troubleshoot issues
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and/or SQL-based relational database systems.
- ASP.NET MVC - Good to have.
Benefits for you
- Medical and dental benefits;
- 401(k) with 100% match up to 5%;
- Relocation assistance;
- Paid time off, remote time, and parental leave;
- Friendly work environment;
- Movie nights and fun company events;
- On site gym and gourmet deli;
- A kitchen stocked with free sodas, snacks, and good coffee;
- An ergonomic workspace with a sit/stand desk, should you want one;
- Latest software development tools in the market;