Greenway Plaza, Houston, TX
Published 36 days ago - Sep 21, 2021
Energy Ogre is a technology company in the energy industry that helps Texans manage their electricity. We shop, we manage, they save! We are a weird fun unique pack of Ogres in search of a Data Analyst.We are looking for a problem-solver who will be responsible for analyzing large data sets, running data experiments, supporting forecasting model development, and writing comprehensive reports. Work may also include verifying data quality/accuracy, assisting in data initiatives, maintaining dashboards, and working on related process improvement depending on business needs. Successful candidate must have a strong command on extracting, transforming, and interpreting data using advanced mathematical knowledge. Furthermore, the role requires strong organizational, interdisciplinary, and communication skills. Ideal candidates are expected to be proactive, results-oriented, independent, and meticulous. The Business Data Analyst role will report directly to the Director of Commercial Analytics, Pricing, and Strategy.
We have a great team of hard working and friendly people who enjoy coming to work. Our team appreciates a good attitude, a sense of humor, and the everlasting desire to learn. We also have a pragmatic approach to analytics: we want to make decisions based on data and we should have the best data possible to make those decisions.
If this sounds like something that might interest you, we want to hear from you.
Position Role & Responsibilities
- Acquiring, transforming, and analyzing large data sets for critical trends and patterns
- Running or validating previous data experiments to support model development
- Verifying data quality and accuracy for data integrity initiatives
- Creating and improving upon existing data visualizations
- Presenting critical insights to business
- Writing comprehensive reports and supporting documentation
Benefits for you
- Medical and dental benefits;
- 401(k) with 100% match up to 5%;
- Relocation assistance;
- Paid time off, remote time, and parental leave;
- Friendly work environment;
- Movie nights and fun company events;
- On site gym and gourmet deli;
- A kitchen stocked with free sodas, snacks, and good coffee;
- An ergonomic workspace with a sit/stand desk, should you want one;
- Latest software development tools in the market;